Needle art comes to life in this class about using thread and hand sewing techniques to decorate cloth. We’ll learn basic decorative stitches and practice them to create fun and beautiful fiber arts and look at how this art has been used culturally. Students will learn about embroidery floss, needles, hoops, common embroidery stitches, knots, needle handling and finishing their work. If your student wears eyewear or needs magnifying for sewing, please bring that to class as well.
Class Materials/Student should bring to first class:
- Sewing bag or box to store embroidery projects
- 5-inch or 8-inch embroidery hoop (Qty. 1)
- Embroidery needles (Qty. 5-10)
- Scissors for cutting thread
- Assorted-colored embroidery floss (PopShelf Stores offer an 18-pack assortment for $2)