Learn to sketch a human portrait from scratch by exploring a variety of drawing techniques and bring it to life using basic shapes, tones, shadows, and linework. Instructor Carolyn Rose will guide the class step by step through the drawing process. This class is for both people with no drawing experience and those looking to learn more about the science behind the art of portraits.
- One Strathmore 11 x 14 Drawing Pad Medium Surface
- 2 HB Yellow pencils with erasure on the top (typical school pencils)
- 2 Ebony Pencils
- Little pencil sharpener
- 2 pink pearl erasures
- 1 erasure pencil - the Sanford peel-off Magic Rub is the best)
- A Package of Vine Charcoal
- Charcoal Pencil
- Set of Soft Black Charcoal* you can find a package of Soft Pastel Black charcoal at finer Art Stores or you can order them online.