Monday, February 27, 2023, 12:00pm - 01:00pm
Location : Mable House Arts Center
Contact : Holly Tate and Ashley Walker
Kids love games - and for good reason! The child’s full-time job is learning skills that will serve them now, and as they grow up.
The best designed games develop the whole child: physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. SCORE!
In this fun-filled hour each week, kids will learn
- Cooperation, team-building
- Creativity, innovation & personal expression
- Aim, focus, balance, speed, agility, motor skills
- Quick-thinking, problem-solving & strategy
- Resilience, perseverance & sportsmanship (No losers: We either win or we learn!)
Each week includes both wild movement & calm focus, and a combination of individual challenges, partner play & group collaboration.
And we’ll even make some games you can take home!
Games in WINTER-2 & SPRING sessions will include:
- CARD GAMES Learn quick-thinking games War and Speed! (aka Spit) with a goal to get faster each week! (Hey parents: Don’t tell your kids, but this light-speed computation will pay off in math too!) Plus learn a simple solitaire to play alone.
- BOARD GAMES Test your vocabulary skills with Scrabble & Scattergories
- GUESSING GAMES Pictionary & Charades are always favorites
- STEAM GAMES Build a domino race, a marble run, marshmallow tower & an egg drop!
- MOVEMENT From human knots to lawn checkers to obstacle courses to Twister… we’ll get you movin’ and groovin’
- OLD-FASHIONED GAMES What are “jacks”? How do you play marbles? Let’s find out! Plus Tic-Tac-Toe and BINGO of course!
- GAME SHOWS Copycat versions of games like Wheel of Fortune, Name that Tune and even a Geography Jeopardy (which kids in World Passport class will ace!)
- DIY GAMES Take home your STEAM creations, create your own DICE and board games - with your own rules
Now you know why we call it Games Galore!
More Monday FUN:
- Mon 9:30am-11:30am World Passport Age 7-10
- Mon 11:30am Lunch Age 7-13
- Mon 1:00pm Sign Language Age 8-13
Got younger kids? See World Passport (Age 4-6)